The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Friday, December 14, 2007

NYC with the fam, DAY 1

Today was day one with the family in NYC. This goes with out saying, but OH, what FUN!

I circled LaGuardia airport 77 times waiting for Kev and the kids to arrive. Their plane landed on time, but then they got stuck on the tarmac (typical).

We took off from the airport (sans GPS) to Times Square. Kev read the map and did a great job navigating for his first time in the Big Apple. It probably took us longer than what it needed to get there, but we didn't mind, we're on vacay in NYC, for Pete's sake, and Times Square is kind of hard to miss.

We went to lunch at Planet Hollywood, snagged a new hat from a street vendor for Jordyn, then hit the 5 story Toys R Us where we rode the indoor ferris wheel in Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine, we bought each kid a toy, and checked out the enormous Lego renditions of the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, and Captain Jack Sparrow. After a quick trip to Starbuck's, Kev and the boys were ready to head back to the hotel (they had gotten up by 3 & 4 am, after all).


We went back to the hotel in NJ for a quick swim in the hotel pool before heading to a nearby mall for dinner at Legal Seafood and a quick birthday shopping trip at Macy's for Jordyn. By Kevin's standards, 35 minutes is not a "quick" shopping trip. Considering I bought her an entire outfit to wear on Saturday (dress, tights, AND shoes), plus another shirt, and a new coat, he's right... it wasn't quick, it was superquick.
Owen keeps asking when we're going home.
Back again at the hotel and Kev is throwing up while Liam has the runs, and we're in a hotel room with one toilet. Not a good situation. I'm staying away from both of them (as far away as one can when in a cramped hotel room).
Please pray that they are both recovered tomorrow...I've got $500 worth of Rockettes tickets that I am NOT going to waste. I mean, I knew Kev didn't want to go to the show, but come ON, puking to get out of it?
Of course I jest. I know his condition is genuine. And I feel horrible for him. Shoulda skipped the sushi.
I'm hoping to have a better report tomorrow....
Night

1 comment:

Lori said...

What an awesome experience for you and your family! I have wanted to go to New York City for so long and haven't made it yet. And I also have wanted to see the Rockettes! I really need to plan a trip and stick to it!! Thanks for reminding me!

Lori (Tina's Sister)