The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I choose JOY!

After the week from HELL that I've had to deal with at work (and hopefully have just emerged from), it was so nice to stumble upon this quote on Ali Edwards' blog tonight to remind me of something I've always believed.

Earl Nightingale : Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.

I have always thought that we are each responsible for our own happiness. Not my parents, not my spouse, not my children...ME. I am responsible for my own happiness. It is a choice that I make. And when I allow another person's infuriating and unfounded actions to take away my happiness, I am surrendering control of my joy to this antagonist (interpretation - unbelievably annoying a$$hole) at work.

And since the stress-induced cold sores are completely out of my control, I have decided to regain control of my happiness.

I choose JOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say Heather - I really miss you! This is exactly what I always have liked about you. Your positive attitude. And, by the way, you are NOT a big, fat, sloooooob! But I loved the blog.