The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin!

I love Christmas.

I just absolutely love this time of year.

I love the songs, and the lights, and the decorations, and the presents, and the festivities. All of it. I love, love, LOVE it.

And I love the fact that I already put my Christmas cards in the mail (this morning). All 143 of these handmade goodies. Yes, I stayed up until 2am last night putting the finishing touches on them (even though I started them in October) and signing & addressing & stamping them, but it was worth it. One of my biggest holiday projects has been checked off the to-do list.


And the shopping? I FINISHED all of that on Black Friday and the subsequent Blacker Saturday (Santa Bucks, baby!), with the exception of 6 presents - 4 of which are gift cards. AND everything that I've bought is already wrapped (gift bagged - same thing) and under the tree (or in Santa's workshop...a.k.a. in hiding).

And last night I made up one of these countdwon to Christmas calendars. I made one of these two years ago and Jordyn requested that I do it again this year (seeing as how I'm home this December instead of in NJ every week, like last year!) So, of course I obliged. I'm glad she remembered this calendar and enjoyed it enough to ask me to do it again. It's our way of making December extra special as we count down to the big day. We do something Christmas-y or winter-y on every day of the month leading up to Christmas Eve and Day.

Let the COUNTDOWN begin!

And, OK, when the snow is this gorgeous, sometimes I love that, too. However, it would make me extra special happy if it would all melt away on January 1st. I would just love, love, LOVE that!

3 comments:

xxxxx said...

We received your Christmas card!! You are the first one! You go girl! I admire your enthusiasm and promptness!! :) Your card is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Rather than admiring your enthusiasm and promptness..... I think you are psycho! Just kidding! I am continually amazed by you! You are one special cookie!

Kim said...

Loved your Christmas Card! You are very inspiring with the whole 143 HOMEMADE cards.