The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Don't Bother Her

Last night at dinner Owen had a toy at the table.

Kevin told him to put the toy down... "By the time I count to 3 that toy better not be in your hands, OneTwo" before he could get to three, Owen had thrown the toy on the floor. Kevin continued "You know better than that. That's one of my biggest rules. No toys at the dinner table."

Then Liam piped up, "Dad, has like 79,000 rules."

Which I thought was pretty funny. So I said, "Liam, who has more rules, me or Dad?" Thinking this was my opportunity to shine as the COOL parent.

Liam replied, "Dad has more rules, for sure. Mom only has one rule."

"I only have one rule? What's my one rule?" I asked, pretty intrigued.

"Don't bother her," he responded with out even looking up from his plate of pork and potatoes.

I nearly spit out my wine I was laughing so hard. I mean, LOL funny. Laugh. Out. Loud.

Kevin got a kick out of that answer, too, and has had fun teasing me about being a fair-weather parent. Which, of course, isn't true. But funny nonetheless.

No comments: