The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cherish

CHERISH.

That's my word for 2010.

Amy chose ORGANIZE.

Ali chose STORY.

I chose Cherish.

Cherish -
–verb (used with object)
1. to hold or treat as dear; feel love for: to cherish one's native land.
2. to care for tenderly; nurture: to cherish a child.
3. to cling fondly or inveterately to: to cherish a memory.

As my pregnancy continues, I want to cherish the "free" time that I have right now. Because, come April, so much of that time will be consumed with the baby.

I also want to cherish the miracle of life growing inside me, heartburn and all. OK, so I won't cherish the heartburn, but I want to be mindful of how I am cherishing this pregnancy so that the heartburn will irritate me a little bit less than it would otherwise.

Once the baby arrives, I want to cherish the bond I'll form with him and the impact he will make on our family dynamic.

I want to cherish the time I have with Kevin now that he travels and is gone most of the time. Our time together is limited and should be treated with care.

I also want to cherish the time I am NOT with Kevin, because that means that he has a job and a paycheck and we don't know how long that will last.

I want to cherish Jordyn, Liam, and Owen and my relationship with them and their relationships with each other. They will never be this age again, and I will never get another chance to mother them at this point in their lives. I must treat this time with them tenderly and dearly. Not that I won't yell at them from time to time (I'm human), but hopefully by focusing on the word cherish, I will yell at them a lot less.

I want to cherish as many moments in our lives as possible by honoring our stories in my blogs and scrapbooks.

And tomorrow, I will cherish the last day of my two week vacation by indulging in some ME activities. Exercising, eating well, organizing photos, and scrapbooking.

Here's to a Cherished 2010.

2 comments:

~Amy said...

LOVEe your word! Sooo perfect for YOU at this time in your life!

LOOOOOOVE the new look! Woo Hoo!!

April said...

Brilliant and very well written my friend!