The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm retired from prayers

So Liam, my ultra good bestest in the whole wide world bed time prayer pray-er has retired. Last night, as I was tucking the boys (who share a room) into bed, I asked Liam if he wanted to say the good night prayers. His reply? Nah, I'm retired from prayers.

Nice.

How does a SEVEN YEAR OLD retire from prayers?!?

So, Owen piped up and said that HE would say the prayers. And wouldn't ya know? His prayers are the exact same ultra good bestest in the whole wide world bed time prayers, too. His prayers are a verbatim carbon copy of the famous retired pray-er Liam's bed time prayers. Owen has had over a year of listening and learning and copying to rely upon.

Dear Jesus, thank you for our moms and dads and for our brothers and sisters and for everybody that we love. And I pray that Liam has a good Pokemon dream and that I have a good Thomas dream. Amen.

Amen, brotha-man, amen.

No comments: