The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WAAAAY Behind

OK, so I'm WAAAAY Behind in updating my BLOG. More importantly, I'm WAAAAY Behind in reading other people's blogs.

My apologies.

So, what has kept me away?

Well, the week of 9/17, Kevin and I both took a week of vacation. VACATION? Well, if you call hanging out around the house and completing 0 of the 10 projects we had planned, having a root canal done, and dialing in to a conference call every day from 2-4 pm vacation, then, yes, we were both on vacation that week.

Last week was the week from Hades at work. Actually, if there's a place worse than Hades, then that is where last week was from. (I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to end a sentence with "from", but too bad). The project I am on is stressful, to say the very least. I was on information overload last week and had no time to digest or decompress. The team's incessant negativity was really bringing me down and permeated my own attitude and outlook on things both inside and outside of work. I think I drank wine at the hotel every night last week just to cope. It was also the first week that we started our Mon-Fri travel instead of Mon-Thur. And, by Friday at 10am, I was close to tears. Thank God for my extremely supportive husband for sending me encouraging emails and keeping me informed of what my kids were up to and making me smile. He really got me through the day.

So, this week, I'm making a conscious decision to be positive. I'm going back to that old adage that even though I may not have control over the circumstances around me, I DO have control on how I choose to respond to them.

So, I choose to be happy this week. I will be happy and whistle while I work. I will be happy and exercise. I will be happy and eat healthy (the banana's foster I had for dessert last night was to ensure that I had a full 5 servings of fruits and vegetables for the day). And finally, I will be happy and BLOG.

1 comment:

~Amy said...

Woo Hoo !! Welcome back !!
XO