The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What a difference 365 days make

It has been one whole year sine my last blog entry. How's that for a hiatus?

I've been meaning to get back to my blog for quite some time now. Even before this friend and that friend "nominated" me for blogging awards (Kreativ and Sunshine, to be exact).

Don't get me wrong, I HAVE been blogging on my Project 365 blog (but even there I am two months behind). But, lately I've felt like I've been missing out on recording my family's stories. I kept a list of future blog topics but in looking back at the list, I am not sure what the story is. For example:



  • Knock 'em out stick

  • Ahhh...Home Sweet Home

  • Bug swapper

  • Red & peach - Cereal before dinner

I do know however, that most of the things in the list are O-isms, and the story behind them was probably really funny. And then today, Owen struck me with another one of his O-isms as he emerged from the bathroom...."Mom, can poop be greasy?" I knew right then as I was unsuccessfully stifling my laughter that I had to start blogging again. So that I don't forget the story.

And because my list of blog topics is made up primarily of shit my son says, I've decided to create a weekly entry dedicated to the things that come out of his mouth. I know that a lot of bloggers do Wordless Wednesday. Well, I am going to do O-WEdNesday. I hope it catches on!! ;P

What a difference 365 days make!

A year ago:



  • Our basement wasn't finished

  • Jordyn couldn't drive

  • Liam had never been disqualified from wrestling meet

  • We didn't have a nanny

  • Owen couldn't read (he still can't read fluently, but he's getting there!)

  • Prince William and Kate Middleton weren't engaged

  • Sarah Palin didn't own Alaska

  • Ashton wasn't born

  • My dad was alive

Obviously, those last two have the greatest significance for me, and I expect I will write many a post about those subjects, and one or two posts about the other subjects in this list. But until then, I bid you all a fond good night.


I will be back again soon. Well, at least sooner than 365 days...


2 comments:

~Amy said...

Greasy poop?!?! Toooo funny!!! Can't wait to read about everything!!

Errica said...

I agree my blog is 2 years old and boy there have been so many ups and downs since then.