In less than a week, the kids will be back to school, which, as I understand it, for many SAHMs (and probably SAHDs) is a highly anticipated, celebratory event.
But for this Work Outside the Home Mom, it's something that I am not looking forward to.
Because back to school also means:
- Back to schedules and bedtime routines at a decent hour.
- Back to homework and regularly scheduled bathing sessions.
- Back to packing lunches and packing backpacks.
- Back to $5 for this field trip and $40 for those pictures and $30 for this yearbook, etc.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of routine and structure, but there's just something to be said about the lazy days of summer that I am not ready to let go of.
- Staying up late watching movies with the family
- Bonfires on the patio
- Swimming in the lake
- Fresh Basil
- Cutting Hydrangea and Daisies from my garden to put in a vase on my table
- Reading books in the sunshine
- Evening walks around the lake
- Watching the sunset
- Hot Air Balloons
- Driving to work when the sun is already up
- Driving home from work when the sun is still up
- My bikini (YES, I wore a bikini this summer, and I didn't care who saw me in it!!)
And I DO love fall.
(This love of fall has materialized itself, most recently in my serious cravings for some of Kevin's chili concoctions.)
So, I WILL embrace Fall and all that Fall brings with it....
- Warm Apple Cider
- Cinnamon Donuts
- Soccer Games Every Saturday
- Hot Chocolate
- and, of course, Kevin's CHILI (Ancho Mama's and Love Me Sexy!!)
So, tell me. What are you going to miss about summer and what are you looking forward to about fall?