The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September

Wow! How did September get here so fast?

In less than a week, the kids will be back to school, which, as I understand it, for many SAHMs (and probably SAHDs) is a highly anticipated, celebratory event.

But for this Work Outside the Home Mom, it's something that I am not looking forward to.

Because back to school also means:
  • Back to schedules and bedtime routines at a decent hour.
  • Back to homework and regularly scheduled bathing sessions.
  • Back to packing lunches and packing backpacks.
  • Back to $5 for this field trip and $40 for those pictures and $30 for this yearbook, etc.
And all of that just translates into more work and more money for parents, in my book.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of routine and structure, but there's just something to be said about the lazy days of summer that I am not ready to let go of.
  • Staying up late watching movies with the family
  • Bonfires on the patio
  • S'Mores
  • Swimming in the lake
  • Paddleboating
  • Fresh Basil
  • Cutting Hydrangea and Daisies from my garden to put in a vase on my table
  • Reading books in the sunshine
  • Evening walks around the lake
  • Watching the sunset
  • Hot Air Balloons
  • Horseshoes
  • Driving to work when the sun is already up
  • Driving home from work when the sun is still up
  • My bikini (YES, I wore a bikini this summer, and I didn't care who saw me in it!!)
But, this unseasonably cool August has already placed that smell of Fall in the air, and it will inevitably be here before we know it. It seems to already be here.

And I DO love fall.

(This love of fall has materialized itself, most recently in my serious cravings for some of Kevin's chili concoctions.)

So, I WILL embrace Fall and all that Fall brings with it....
  • Football
  • Sweatshirts
  • Pumpkins
  • Warm Apple Cider
  • Cinnamon Donuts
  • School
  • Leaves
  • Frost
  • Mums
  • Soup
  • Sedum
  • Soccer Games Every Saturday
  • Hot Chocolate
  • and, of course, Kevin's CHILI (Ancho Mama's and Love Me Sexy!!)

So, tell me. What are you going to miss about summer and what are you looking forward to about fall?

1 comment:

xxxxx said...

I'm not going to miss much about this past summer... the weather was questionable and I was way too busy being responsible!! I will miss the get togethers and lack of an alarm clock for several weeks. :)