The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Friday, May 29, 2009

Feathered Friends - the Doctor

This is the Doctor. She's a Mourning Dove.

Do I know this is a She? No, because males and female MD's look the same. I just prefer female doctors, therefore, I'm calling her a she. Logical? Not so much.

Anyhow, she's too big to eat from the feeder, so she gets the seeds that fall to the ground. Which helps keep weeds from growing below the feeder. Thank you, Doctor.


A self exam perhaps? This MD was in this position for several minutes. I started to think she was hurt, but then she flew away. It was totally bizarre.

1 comment:

Laura said...

When we lived on Park Street I had mourning dove I called Miss Piggy, because she hogged the bird seed all to herself and shooed away other birds. You seem to have a character on your hands as well!