The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm an NPR girl

I'm an NPR girl.

99% of the time that I spend in the car alone, I have my radio tuned to NPR. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite things about having XM Radio is the XMPR station, where you can catch public radio shows all the time...All Things Considered, This American Life, Bob Edwards, Leonard Lopate, the BBC's world service, etc. These are my car-ride companions.

However, there's just something about a 70 degree spring day that encourages me to tune away from NPR, roll down my windows, and blast some bouncy beats like Beyonce's Naughty Girl.

The warmth of the sun heating the car. The slightly crisp wind whipping through my hair. The upbeat music matching my upbeat mood.

Gotta love a fresh spring day, and a bit of a break from my beloved talk radio.

2 comments:

kid_curry said...

Heather as you already know, I also have a thing for NPR. Few things make me happier than being able to listen to my favorite shows: What Do You Know?, Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, Fresh Air, Click and Clack, This American Life, All Things Considered, and every other show I forgot. But you have the ability not to repeat evertyhing you hear, which I don't understand how you can do.

Mindy said...

Heather, I like NPR too, but I agree that TODAY was a windows-down-sunroof-open-crank-up-the-bass and JAM kind of driving day. Ahh Spring!