The CHERISHED Life of Heather Leigh

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interview with my kids

This was seriously so much fun to do. I love how their little personalities shine through in all of their replies. I interviewed each kid separately and typed their responses pretty much verbatim. I should have videoed this instead of transcribed it. Maybe next time!! Items in parentheses are comments that I either said, did, or thought during the interview.

Enjoy.

1. What is something Mom always says to you?
Owen (4) - I love you
Liam (7) - You yell at me
Jordyn (13) - Clean your room.

2. What makes Mom happy?
Owen (4) - Kisses
Liam (7) - When I do nice things to my brother
Jordyn (13) - Wine

3. What makes Mom sad?
Owen (4) - No kisses
Liam (7) - When I don't give you hugs or kisses
Jordyn (13) - What makes you sad? Umm, when we're sad? Or troubled or whatever you want to say.

4. How does your Mom make you laugh?
Owen (4) - Talking Funny
Liam (7) - Pretty much nothing. You don't make me laugh at all.
Jordyn (13) - You make me laugh, I don't know, you just do. Like when you sing. Or when you laugh at me when I do something stupid, because when someone laughs, it's like a disease and I laugh, too.

5. What was your Mom like as a child?
Owen (4) - I don't know you haven't told me.
Liam (7) - Smart and talented? I'm just guessing that.
Jordyn (13) - MMMmmm, POPULAR. At least when she got to highschool. Stubborn and said "vaccum's too heavy" and got away with it. How come I can't say that??!!

6. How old is your Mom?
Owen (4) - 16
Liam (7) - 36
Jordyn (13) - 36

7. How tall is your Mom?
Owen (4) - Forty Feet Tall
Liam (7) - Can we get that lizard thingy majiggy. I'd say about 5 feet.
Jordyn (13) - 5'5", 5'4", I don't know, how tall are you? (I'm 5'4") OOOHHH I called it!

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Owen (4) - Work
Liam (7) - Go drinking with your friends. (Um, Excuse meeee…as I motion to the scrapbook layouts hanging on the wall.) Oh, wait, scrapbooking.
Jordyn (13) - Scrapbook. That one was easy.

9. What does your Mom do when you're not around?
Owen (4) - I don't know
Liam (7) - Watch movies with Dad and Owen. Or scrapbook.
Jordyn (13) - Clean, probably. No, she probably does that when I'm here. Clean. Or Scrapbook. Or go to your little theatre things. Who's Edgar Allen Poe?

10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Owen (4) - Loving People
Liam (7) - The best scrapbooker
Jordyn (13) - Probably, like a famous scrapbooker person who makes those books and stuff like that. Be on the Style and TLC channel.

11. What is your Mom really good at?
Owen (4) - Cleaning
Liam (7) - Scrapbooking
Jordyn (13) - You're really good at being nice to people, I think. (Are you just kissing my butt?) No, I mean, like Scrapbooking. And helping me match.

12. What is your Mom not very good at?
Owen (4) - Balance Beaming (seriously, you could not make this stuff up)
Liam (7) - Fishing
Jordyn (13) - You are not very good at, like, I don't know how to explain it. You are not very good at being calm when you get mad. You can get scary sometimes. (BIG LAUGHTER) You are, you can get REALLY scary.

13. What does your Mom do for her job?
Owen (4) - Work
Liam (7) - You work and like help them and stuff.
Jordyn (13) - (She should know this, because I came to her career day at school last year.) You work with computers, and you make car parts, and like sell them to companies. I think that's what you still do. (not quite)

14. What is your Mom's favorite food?
Owen (4) - Brats
Liam (7) - Steak
Jordyn (13) - Is something with cheese. And wine. And all that stuff that you say I should like, but I don't so you say I'm not related.

15. What makes you proud of your Mom?
Owen (4) - Plant Flowers
Liam (7) - When you make a scrapbook page about me.
Jordyn (13) - That we have a nice house and that we have a nice family and you have a job, sorry dad, and that you're just very successful. (Kevin was not around during the interview, so I'm not sure why Jordyn apologized to him.)

16. If your Mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Owen (4) - A mom one
Liam (7) - The Pokemon trainer named May
Jordyn (13) - You would probably be….that's a hard one. I don’t know, there's a lot of cartoons. Why are you writing down everything I say? Daisy Duck, I don't know, or Minnie Mouse. One of those.

17. What do you and your Mom do together?
Owen (4) - Plant Flowers
Liam (7) - Scrapbook sometimes.
Jordyn (13) - Clean and sometimes shop. Or we watch shows together. Jon & Kate plus Eight and stuff.

18. How are you and your Mom the same?
Owen (4) - I don't know. We plant flowers the same
Liam (7) - We both like asking questions. Or we both like making stuff.
Jordyn (13) - We probably, um, I sometimes get mad like you do sometimes. Do you laugh at a lot of things that are stupid, or is that just me? Because I laugh at anything, unless it's REALLY stupid. OOOOHHH! We both like being with our friends. And that's all I know.

19. How are you and your Mom different?
Owen (4) - Play and Work
Liam (7) - You're not that into sports, and I am.
Jordyn (13) - You like to clean and I don't.

20. How do you know your Mom loves you?
Owen (4) - Cause I love you
Liam (7) - Because you say it all the time.
Jordyn (13) - Because you do. You just do. You're my mom.

21. What does your Mom like most about your Dad?
Owen (4) - Kisses
Liam (7) - That he's convenient. What does that mean? Or you could just put that he's funny, smart, aaaaand............he likes sports.

Jordyn (13) - Uuuummm. His sense of humor? Even though it's pretty cheesy, but that's OK.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Owen (4) - Italia Gardens
Liam (7) - I would be guessing Papa Joe's.
Jordyn (13) - On our beach.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a good idea!

Great questions. Love each one's different answers :)

~Amy said...

Loved this...I'm going to do it, too! Can't imagine what the boys will say !!